Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day


Father's Day is tomorrow and is always a bittersweet day. My father passed away 15 years ago and I miss him. I wish he could be here to know his grandchildren and great grandchildren. He was a funny loving guy and someone you could talk to. He was a retired Air Force veteran. I remember talking to him on the phone when I was at BYU and he asked me how my money was holding out. I told him that my debts were all paid but there wasn't much left over and he said "Not even a quarter to buy a candy bar with?" and we both laughed. A few days later, I got a card from him with a quarter taped in it. He did those kind of little things that could always cheer you up. I could always count on him to stick his finger in my ear when I was pouting to which I would always respond " Da-ad!!" He would never let me sass my mother. He was hardworking and I always knew that he loved me.




Missing you Daddy. Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh. I miss Grandpa. I only remember him a little bit but I do think about him often. He was a great guy.
Thanks for posting this. I love you!

*LaUrA* said...

I miss Grandpa too! Of course I remember him calling Casey and me "Big Toot" and "Little Toot" respectively.

I also remember him very clearly with no shirt on and his shorts holding a beer, his deep accent, and his smile wrinkles.

I also remember riding in the truck with him and he letting me take a sip of his beer..sshh.

I know he probably got stern with us at time...but I don't remember it if he did...he was always playful and so fun to go see.

I can't wait until we all get to see him again and have a great big family. reunion. That will be a glorius day.


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
3
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?